May, 2007

ATTENDEES: Debbie Davis/Controller, Charley Galassini/Secretary,
Jason Marker, Joseph Oliver.

ABSENT:Matt Haubert/President

OLD BUSINESS
The minutes from the last meeting were accepted without amendments. The insurance was renewed and it is current. We will need to review February of 2008. The Board is going to institute a late fee for community members who do not pay their annual assessment on time. If someone is past due 30 days, we will have a late fee and charge interest. We will consider a 50.00 late fee and there will be an 18% annual late fee assessed. If necessary a lien will be place on the residence to collect any over due assessments. Matt has been working on having a community website. Plainfieldonline.com/village.gov then click on community associations. A number of residents have complained about dead trees. TJ, an aborist, with Plainfield, will investigate and let Debbie and Joe know what the resolution will be. There is a letter of credit, good for two years, that Wiseman-Hughes was responsible for posting. The turnover meeting was August 24, 2006, so we have time to get this resolved. We are going to explore the possibilities, with local landscapers, to see if people in our community purchase a certain number of trees, that we could get some trees free. This will allow people to purchase trees for their own residence. The free trees would be put in different community areas in our community. This is being suggested to make our community more attractive.

Treasurer’s Report
None

NEW BUSINESS
The Board reviewed the landscaping proposal. We discussed some of the things that we have seen so far and a call will be made to make sure we make sure our expectations are clear and they are being met. Debbie is going to talk to the landscaper about some of our concerns. The Board discussed pros and cons of keeping Foster Premier. They charge 12,000.00 dollars per year and the Board believes this is excessive. The Board put forth a motion not to renew the contract with Foster Premier. There was discussion of the pros and cons of the decision and discussion of some of the responsibilities the Board will have to assume. The Board voted unanimously not to renew the contract with Foster Premier. Jason reviewed the contract and we will need to let them know by the end of June. Jason discussed what the Board will need to do if we are not going to renew the contract with Foster Premier. Jason stated we would need to organize ourselves as a corporation/ LLC and he stated he could get this done. There are papers that will need to be filed and a fee that would need to be paid. Debbie is going to call Gina to get some specifics about how money has been spent. One of the things Foster Premier did was send a newsletter to the community with different reminders and announcements. When we are going to send a newsletter to the community, Charley stated he would be willing to put together a draft that the other Board members could review. We would also be responsible for collecting dues. Charley and Debbie will see how we can take care of this responsibility. We will need a checking account. It was decided two members should sign the checks, so there is clear accountability that can be audited if anything is questioned. It was decided Debbie and Charley will be the ones to sign the checks. All checks will be approved by the Board. We need to get a post office box. Joe volunteered to get this done. He will let us know what fees and sizes are best. He will let the rest of the Board member when it gets done. The Board reviewed the financials from Foster Premier. The balance sheet and expenses were reviewed. The statement of accounts was reviewed and there are a number of people delinquent on paying their assessment. There were a couple of residents that Foster Premier approved a payment plan for and they did not consult the Board. We are considering a hotmail account for our community, this would allow members of our community to email any concerns to the Board. We are considering an annual meeting with the community in September. We will discuss this at our next meeting. We may need to find out about the availability of a room in the city hall building.

NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be held at Debbie Davis’s house, on June 20, 2007, at 7:00 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,
Charley Galassini, Secretary

Tuttle Estates Homeowners Board of Directors